The AQUATOP SP5-UV submersible UV sterilizing pump is a new and innovative method for eradicating and controlling free-floating micro-organisms as well as disease causing pathogens. Unlike typical UV sterilizing systems, the SP5-UV requires no special plumbing and is easy to use and maintain. Simply place the SP5-UV directly into your tank or sump system up to the waterline. The built in pump will draw water in, running it past the 5 watt UV bulb. The UV light will sterilize and clarify, producing crystal clear water.
How Does the SP5UV Work? The SPUV filter uses a submersible top-mounted pump to draw water past its high output and compact UV Bulb. The UV Bulb is encapsulated in a unique quartz sleeve and the SP5UV includes a replaceable filter sponge to mechanically filter organic waste before water passes over the U.V. Bulb.
The efficient design of the SPUV Elite Series filter allows for U.V. Sterilization to be submersed in both fresh and saltwater aquariums. With its flexibility, the SP-UV Elite Series can be placed anywhere in an aquarium, sump tank, or water garden. The design allows for easy installation and maintenance.
- 72-126 gph adjustable flow rate
- 7 watt pump power
- 120V / 60Hz
- 9" high, 3" wide (with stand), 2.5" deep (with stand)
- Suitable for both freshwater & saltwater use
- Eradicates and controls free-floating micro-organisms as well as disease causing pathogens
- Built in 7 watt water pump
- 5 Watt UV light
- Built in flow rate adjuster
- Requires no additional plumbing, easy to use
- Separate Power Cord for Pump and UV System
- Flexibility in arrangement. Could be placed in tank or in sump
- Includes replaceable filter sponge
- Suitable for tanks up to 40 Gallons